Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rakhi Sawant


Rakhi Sawant was at her motormouth best in Delhi. And some brave guy apparently stole her sari!
Rakhi Sawant
Meri sari chori ho gayi. Aap hi batao main kya karti?" That's what Rakhi Sawant asked the press at the launch of her upcoming reality show, Gajab Desh Ki Ajab Kahaaniyaan".

The event was slated to start at 3pm on Tuesday in Delhi, but got delayed by two hours. Only when a few mediapersons walked out that the event started. "Main bahut maafi chahti hoon ki thoda late ho gayi," Rakhi said, to which the press retorted, "Do ghante ho gaye. Yeh kya thoda late hai?" After a brief pause, Rakhi tried to placate them as she said, "Aap jaan hi lelo meri. I don't want to cry here, but you won't believe that this press conference got delayed because my sari got stolen. Mere saath yeh tragedy ho gayi. You might think this is a publicity gimmick, but trust me, this is what has happened." On being asked why she couldn't wear something else, she replied, "Aise kaise kuch bhi pehen ke aa jati? Why didn't you send me your shirt?" came her rejoinder. "You won't believe it, I even asked the channel representatives to let me attend the press conference in my gown. I didn't want to keep my friends waiting." But the press was in no mood to forgive her and continued to ask her a string of weird questions such as "Do you think Abhishek Awasthi got this done?" "Will you be getting an FIR lodged?" to annoy her.

Rakhi also rebuked Delhi designers for charging her about `1.5 lakh for the sari she finally wore, which she said they would have offered to any Bollywood A-lister without charging a single penny. "Just because Rakhi Sawant wanted a sari, they had to charge over a lakh. Isn't this bizarre? I mean, Delhi designers have been blackmailing me. Had Kareena or Katrina been in a similar situation, they would not have had to pay anything," Rakhi retorted.

Rakhi, who had recently declared her desire to tie the knot with Rahul Gandhi, shocked everyone by shifting her allegiance to Baba Ramdev. "Mujhe nahin lagta Soniaji ke saath meri daal galegi. So I wouldn't mind marrying Swami Ramdev. He has loads of money and drives expensive cars. If this wedding happens, you all will get to see a glamorous sadhvi. Wouldn't that be interesting?" Rakhi refused to address the yoga guru as 'Baba', because "Baba toh aap logon ke liye hain. Mere liye toh woh Swami hi hain. I hope he doesn't call me 'behen'. If Imagine TV plans to do another "Swayamvar" for me, they'll have to get Swami Ramdev on the show. In fact, I'll try my best to get him on it."

When asked why Ramdev, Rakhi explained, "I find him hot. He is sexy. Haven't you ever seen his flat tummy? Bas ek baar shaadi ki mala unpe daal doon, unki aankh fadakna bhi band ho jayegi. And I can vouch for the fact that the yoga DVD which we will release will be far more sensuous and hot than Shilpa's. It will find several takers." Rakhi may be planning to meet Baba... err, Swami Ramdev, but she doesn't think she can do much to help him in the current situation he is in. "I'm just a bit scared of the cops, who might bash me up just as they bashed his followers. Lekin agar pyaar kiya toh danda kya?"
But how come she isn't considering anyone from Bollywood for the next season of "Swayamvar", if that ever happens? "I'm not interested in Bollywood." Not even in Salman Khan?? "Unka toh bina shaadi kiye hi sab chal raha hai. He has several girlfriends. Mere liye Baba hi hain."

With such whacky replies, Rakhi ensured that her "media friends" were entertained and didn't harbour any hard feelings for her by the end. Rakhi ka jaadu chal gaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment