Sunday, June 12, 2011

Madhuri Dixit recalls MF Husain


Dancing diva Madhuri Dixit who has been immortalized by renowned artist M.F Husain on his canvas was shocked with his departure. Madhuri recalls the great artist and his brilliant piece of work. The actress shares fond memories of the painter, who painted her in various size and forms and even organized an exhibition in her name.

Madhuri expressed her grief on the demise of the painter over phone from Denver. “I will fall short of words to express myself on this legend. He shared a very beautiful bond with me. I will always miss him. May his soul rest in peace,” she was quoted as saying.

Husain was smitten by many Bollywood muses but Madhuri was the first who captured his heart. She shares a special bond with the Picasso of India, “Age never touched him. We were in touch always. He would travel a lot and would call me from different parts of the world to share smallest and big details about his life and profession. It was so sweet.”

Madhuri regret that she could not met him before his death, “I had invited him to come over to Denver several times, but Husain saab was always busy. I wish I could have met him once,” she said.

He died of cardiac arrest at the Royal Brompton Hospital, London. He was cremated in London but his last rites will be performed in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment